Why Work Here
Established in 1942, The Hormel Institute, University of Minnesota is a world-class biomedical research center located in Austin, MN. The Institute’s research success, particularly in cancer prevention, has resulted in a second major expansion of its research facilities in just a few short years. Our research scientists, faculty and staff enjoy world-class, state of the art facilities and complete access to the most advanced technologies and equipment available. The Hormel Institute boasts a work culture rich in diversity and collaborative opportunities, with scientists joining the cancer research teams of The Hormel Institute from top academic institutions and cancer centers all over the world.
As part of the University of Minnesota, The Hormel Institute is part of the nearly 26,000 faculty and staff system-wide and UMN offers an unparalleled employment experience:
- Pride in working for one of the top public research universities in the world, with a mission and track record of being a leader in education, research, and outreach
- No. 65 on Forbes magazine’s list of 500 best employers in the nation, and No. 10 among education institutions
- A comprehensive benefits package: medical and dental plan options, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans, and a strong dedication to employees’ wellness and work/life balance
- Extensive leadership development and training opportunities plus tuition benefits on University of Minnesota courses taken for academic credit
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
Find Out More
The Hormel Institute is a department of the University of Minnesota. The Hormel Institute is one of several departments related to the Office of the Vice President for Research on the Twin Cities campus.